April showers bring May flowers!
- The birthstone for May is the emerald which represents success or love.
- The zodiac sign for May are Taurus (April 20 – May 20) and Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
- The birth flower for May is the Lily of the Valley.
- On May 1, 1931, the Empire State Building was officially opened.
- Armed Forces Day – celebrated the third Saturday of May
- Mother’s Day – celebrated on the second Sunday of May
- Memorial Day – celebrated on the last Monday in May.
- May 5 – Cinco De Mayo
- On the first Saturday in May, the Kentucky Derby takes place.
- On May 11, 1858, Minnesota was admitted to the Union.
- On May 14, 1804, Lewis and Clark, the great explorers began their trip up the Missouri River.
- On May 14, 1948, the last British troops left Palestine which led to Israel becoming an independent country.
- On May 15, 1918, the first regular airmail service began in the United States.
- On May 20, 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed the Homestead Act.
- On May 20, 1932, the first solo flight by a woman across the Atlantic Ocean was made by Amelia Earhart.
- On May 23, 1788, South Carolina became the eighth state.
- On May 24, 1607, the first permanent English settlement in America was established in Jamestown, VA.
- On May 27, 1937, the Golden Gate Bridge was opened in San Francisco.
- On May 29, 1790, Rhode Island became the 13th state
Calendar of Events
- Mother’s Day – May 10th
- Memorial Day – May 25th
- Robert Lane – May 1st
- Chuck Johnson – May 5th
- Landon Souther – May 18th
- Tommy Goins – May 22nd
- Charles Myers – May 22nd
- Richard Pell – May 24th
- Nick Beck – May 25th
- Angela Tate – May 11th, 3 yrs.
- Walter Worrell – May 13th, 1 yr.
- Jimmy Kelly – May 21st, 3 yrs.
- Lonnie Hudspeth – May 22nd, 7 yrs.
- Richard Pell – May 30th, 3 yrs.
- Thomas Hickman – DOT physical expires 5/1/20
- Landon Souther – DOT physical expires 5/2/20
- Jimmy Kelly – Annual review on 5/21/20
- Lonnie Hudspeth – Annual review on 5/22/20
- Richard Pell – Annual review on 5/30/20
Welcome Back Lonnie Hudspeth!
WE SURE HAVE MISSED YOU SINCE YOU BEEN SICK! SO GLAD YOUR BETTER AND READY TO GET BACK TO TRUCKING!
Thank you’s to truck drivers from all across the country!
On behalf of Secretary Chao and the entire Department of Transportation — THANK YOU to America’s truck drivers. You are on the front lines of our nation’s fight against this virus, and you are making America proud. Together, we will win this fight.
This #FeelGoodFriday we are honoring the unsung heroes on the front lines who are braving the virus threat to keep store shelves stocked.
The whole country is cheering on America’s truckers and motor carrier drivers as they work tirelessly to keep our country’s supply chains strong and our economy moving.
I just want to thank our American heroes — the truck drivers — and let them know how much we appreciate them.
The hard-working men and women of the CMV industry help drive our nation’s economy. As our nation works to address the #COVID19 outbreak, the CMV industry is playing a critical role in ensuring deliveries & maintaining America’s supply chain. Thank you the work that you do!
America’s 3.5 million truck drivers are helping support Americans and the economy with their dedication and skill. They are true heroes. Thank you!